Wednesday, October 12, 2011

285: frustrating middle school teachers!

I will not bore you with details but I've been having quite a dispute with one of Skyler's teachers! Typically, I take the teachers side on matters of the classroom and students, but this time, this teacher crossed the line and I let her have it! This is the 2nd email I sent her in the span of about 20 minutes. The 1st was much better, but I didn't think to take a picture of it! This was my day...It took all I had not to drive down to the school and walk in her class and let her know how I felt, but I decided to take the higher road and do it by email, then by teacher conference later that afternoon with Jim..and he let her have it more than I ever could! Funny thing, the very next day, when Skyler turned in his redo of a project {that I can attest was great from the beginning} Skyler's F was magically turned into an A+, along with a few other assignments and projects! After this incident, she might want a restraining order against Jim and I, but Skyler is now getting a good grade in her class and that's all I care about!

1 comment:

marie said...

Good for you Dyana, not sure I could have written a letter like that. Especially because I've never taught school. But if I ever run into any injustice I'll be calling you for advice.