Friday, October 21, 2011

294: on a quest for fall leaves

{this dog statue is watching over an infants grave}


{The 4th President of the U.S., James Madison is buried here. Monroe is also buried in this cemetery.}

{18,000 confederate soldiers were buried underneath this pyramid}

For Christmas last year, Jim got me tickets to "Time Out for Women" in Richmond, VA. I was a little baffled as to why Virginia? Then he explained to me that it was in late October and I had always said I wanted to see real fall leaves! He saw an advertisement for Time Out and decided it would be a fun surprise. I've waited for 10 months and it's finally here. I got my friend Theresa to come along with me..it's not very hard to persuade her to take a vacation! She was a perfect traveling partner!
Time Out didn't start till Friday evening so we took a little time to explore Richmond. We came across the coolest cemetery: Hollywood Cemetery. It is a cemetery where thousands of confederate soldiers are buried and 2 past Presidents. It was quite fascinating and strangely serene. 
The XSHOT came out a lot this weekend!

No comments: