Friday, October 14, 2011

287: field of screams

Skyler was invited to go with a huge group of kids from school and from some of the wards to a spook alley. I volunteered to drive and chaperone 30 pre-teens to the Field of Screams at the Lake Elsinore Storms Field {partly because I wanted to check out all the kids Skyler was hanging out with at school and surveying what it's like to be a 12 year old, 7th grader}. I should have had Jim come with me because I was a little bit bored. I don't get scared by things like this..it's more annoying than scary. We had a car full of girls go in for only 5 minutes just to come out in tears and go home. I guess scary isn't for everyone! I enjoyed taking a back seat and observing from afar. Skyler instructed me before we got there that I wasn't to say a word in the car for fear I might embarrass him. By the end of the night, though he won't admit it, I think he was glad to have me there!

No comments: