Tuesday, October 25, 2011

298: i love to see the temple




My last day and I'm on my own, so out comes the Xshot! 
I dropped Theresa off at the airport this morning and had 5 hours till my flight, so I decided to drive to the Washington D.C. temple...which is actually in Maryland {interesting fact: it is one of only 5 temples where the angel Moroni is holding the golden plates}. It was absolutely beautiful. It was nestled in a forest of majestic colors. It was such a peaceful and serene setting. I felt as if I was the only person there. The only other people I saw were maintenance workers. I took a walk around the temple looking for the reflecting pool. I finally found it up by the visitor's center and it was being emptied for cleaning! Bummer! I did get a little reflection in the puddles that remained. After the temple, I drove through Georgetown. The homes were to die for..definitely not low rent district. With all the DC traffic, I found my 5 hours went by quickly. I headed back to Dulles and started my long journey back home! I was up at 7:00 a.m east coast time {3 hours difference} and didn't get to Temecula until 1:00 a.m. Luckily I was able to sleep on the plane from Denver to Ontario. 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Glad you got to see the Temple, even though the reflecting pool was disappointing.