Wednesday, December 7, 2011

341: jayden's first band performance





Tonight was Jayden's first band performance. He started playing Saxophone in September {lucky us}! We sat in this overly crowded room with other supportive parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles, neighbors, etc..you get my point, it was CROWDED! After a lengthy speech by their teacher informing us {more like preparing us} that learning a musical instrument is like learning a new language and it takes time..yada, yada, yada. Let's just get on with it already. As soon as they blew their first note, I just about lost it! It was the funniest thing I've ever heard.  Jim tried to shush me, but I couldn't help it! I was crying. It was just too much! So I decided to include a brief video clip of one of their best songs so you could enjoy, as I did! We are proud of Jayden for getting up there and trying new things {though in my mind I wonder if he wasn't lip synching and pretending to play..which Jim informed me he did most of his band career}.

No comments: