Thursday, December 15, 2011

349: teachers gifts' nightmare!!




Why can't I leave well enough alone? Why can't I be like the other parents and just stop with the gift card for the gift card tree? Why must I always put so much pressure on myself to do more? I never learn my lessons. This year was no exception. Every year, in addition to giving a nice gift card, I always like to make something for the boys' teachers. For the past 3 years I've been making my crayon monogram art. Well this year it was a nightmare because crayon art doesn't want to form into the letters A or S! At least not the way I envisioned them. Jim had to step in and cut the crayons for the A! I was getting so frustrated with what is usually an easy project. I didn't even attempt the S. I decided to do something different and use buttons. It took some time, but I was so happy with the outcome. The A didn't quite turn out how I'd like, but it was done! Maybe by the time Ryder gets to 5th grade I will smarten up and just do the gift card! 
{The reindeer card was a fun project I did with Ryder's class}
Another night up till 1:30 a.m.

No comments: