Thursday, December 8, 2011

342: endless train cakes



Wednesday night we had our Young Women's Christmas party. Our theme was based around The Polar Express and Believing! My sister had just had a train party for my nephews 4th birthday and had this great train cake pan from Williams & Sonoma, so I piped up and said it would be great for the girls to decorate their own trains for the dessert. Sounded like a good idea a few weeks before the party. Fast forward to the day before the party. The cakes were a little more time consuming than I thought {story of my life}. I had to make about 40 of them. The cake pan made 9 at a time {that is if they all turned out o.k., which they didn't all the time} so it took a little longer than I anticipated. Of course I felt like I had to make a sample for the girls to see. Seriously..I need to learn to simplify my life!!

No comments: