Saturday, February 4, 2012

35: run like a girl

 It was a chilly 30 degree morning for these California girls..as we were known throughout the weekend! We were the only ones who had traveled from the sunny state for the retreat! I was running the easy peasy 5K..my peeps, they brought out their big girl panties and ran the 1/2 marathon! Studs..yes, but as I was running mile 1, I couldn't help but think how intelligent I was to only choose the 5K! I placed 7th in my division..30-39 is a huge division! I guess a lot of us semi middle-aged women looking for an adventure! I did it under 30 minutes which was a personal best for me, so I'm happy!

So proud of my girls!! I wussed out on the 1/2 marathon. Actually, I didn't really wuss out, I just had no desire to run 13.1! I know I could have if I wanted to, just didn't want to!
And this is why I'm glad I didn't run 13.1 miles! Their accomplishment is awesome, but it comes with a price! Me..I was feeling great! Not an ache in my entire body!! I could've run the stairs all night if I wanted to..but I'll leave that to the other random occupants of the Comfort Inn who took care of that all on their own. A piece of advice: never get a room right next to the stairwell!! Who knew so many people actually take the stairs!


No comments: