Thursday, February 23, 2012

54: most intelligent cake


Ryder woke up this morning and told me his tummy hurt.  This time, unlike last week, I believed him and let him stay home from school. He didn't look that sick, but I didn't need the school nurse to call me again and tell me he was throwing up, so he hung out with me. Because he didn't seem that sick, I made him go to institute with me. He was equipped with his ipod and my ipad. I put a movie on, with headphones, for him to watch.  All of a sudden, during class, we hear a loud, "5,4,3,2,1.." He was watching Real Steel and the robots were in a fighting match. With the headphones on, he didn't even realize how loud he was. It was actually kinda comical. Afterwards, he told me he was hungry so we went to Rubios. While I was filling Ryder's drink, I heard some women laughing next to me saying, "look at the boy out on the car hood", umm, that would be mine. When I walked out there, he told me he didn't want to stand anymore and wanted to be warm. That's my Ryder.
Later that night, Jayden had his Blue & Gold dinner for Cub Scouts. It is tradition to bring a decorated cake. Jayden's request this year: a brain cake! Actually the easiest blue and gold cake I've ever made. He took the prize for "The Most Intelligent Cake".

No comments: