Wednesday, February 22, 2012

53: new hardware


I couldn't take the ping of dripping water into a bucket any longer! Our laundry room faucet has leaked since the day we moved into the house..3 1/2 years ago! I made a trip to Home Depot, bought a faucet and thought the famous last words, "How hard could it be?" The directions seemed simple enough! I hoped to have it in before Jim got home {he gets frustrated with me when I take on projects that he is fully capable of doing..I'm just impatient and stubborn and didn't want to wait a minute more}. It was the removal of the old, corroded faucet that gave me issues, particularly the sprayer hose. Apparently, while twisting the faucet to come off, I twisted the sprayer hose pretty badly inside, so much that the entire thing wouldn't budge! After a couple hours of useless trying, I called a friend. I only wanted to know if he had a tool I could borrow, but he insisted he come take a look. He ended up just cutting the old faucet out with giant metal cutters. And since he was there, he just went ahead and finished installing the faucet! I thought I'd have the project done in an hour..didn't work out quite that way, but it's in and silence is music to my ears!

No comments: