Sunday, June 10, 2012

161: let the road trip begin!!









I'm serious about the road trip! My traveling is not for the faint of heart. I pack so much into one day, it makes you wonder if the day didn't have more than 24 hours...and just because I had my boys, on my own, don't think I let up! 
We dropped Jim off at the airport Saturday night. As he put it, he needed to get back to work to pay for my adventures. He also had to speak in church.
We started off around 9:30 a.m. We left San Jose and headed to San Francisco. I wish we could have planned this day not on a weekend, but that's not how it worked out. We drove down Lombard street, then headed over to the painted ladies: aka: the full house houses. Navigating the streets in San Francisco can be tricky and we got lost a few times, but lost in a big city just means you stumble across something else that is interesting and fun. We parked the car and took a ride on a trolley car. Of course, the X-shot made an appearance! It was a warm day for San Francisco so there were people out everywhere, enjoying this beautiful day! I don't enjoy crowds..
We made our way over the bridge and into San Rafael to check out the mission that Jayden did his 4th grade report on. After a quick picture, we were back on the road and headed up the coast to Fort Bragg. The coast drive is winding, but breathtaking! After a few hour drive, we made it to Fort Bragg and set up our camp. I stumbled across this campsite on the internet and it was gorgeous! Steps from the beach.  It was clean and not crowded. The boys loved running along the wooden boardwalk they had to the rocks and tide pools. The sunset was stunning and was a perfect cap to a very long, but fun day!

No comments: