Friday, June 15, 2012

166: day 6..going home!!

 I strongly disagree with this statement!!

I was thinking I could drive home Thursday, but because we decided to go see the caverns, it through our time off a bit.  We got finished with the cave tour by 6:00 and we were still about 7 hours from home. We drove for awhile, but Jim didn't feel comfortable with us driving that late. He knows that once the sun goes down, I naturally become a sleepy driver! So we stayed the night in Fresno. Not one of the "must see" spots of the trip, but the hotel had comfortable beds, a pool, and free breakfast {which wasn't so grand}. While the boys ate waffles and cereal and hot chocolate, I dined on hard boiled eggs, celery and peanut butter. 
I did not time our drive well as we hit L.A. Friday rush hour traffic :(
It tacked on about and extra 1 1/2 hours! We rolled into Temecula around 7:30 p.m. and were so happy to see Jim! He had Rubios waiting for us on the kitchen table..he's a great man! We sat in the spa and I relaxed my weary driving bones!
2,234 miles
6 gas stops {1 of which I did not pump}
2 states
5 different hotels
1 camping site
filthy car
Amazing adventures and sights
1 tired mom!

No comments: