Thursday, June 28, 2012

179: exploring utah

 Ryder..Jayden..Kate..Carter..Truman



We said goodbye to the Bullington's this morning. My boys were very sad about that. Skyler's camp ended at 5:00, so I decided to take the boys to Temple Square and to Park City. It was miserably hot and Ryder let us all know just how uncomfortable he was so our Temple Square stop lasted all of 15 minutes. We headed up the mountain for a little relief from the heat. We stopped at Olympic Park first. I had never been there. We watched some freestyle practice..which was amazing and took a look at the museum. They had a penny smasher, so naturally I got my penny. This machine was a high roller..$0.75 to smash your penny. Then it was off to the alpine slide near downtown Park City. Ryder fought me all the way up the mountain. He did not want to do it! I pretty much made him because I couldn't have him waiting at the bottom for 1/2 hour while Jayden and I did it. I should have just let him stay put..what usually takes a minute or 2 took Ryder nearly 20! He held up the entire track until a kind gentleman helped him down. Ryder might seem to be wild, but he is terribly conservative and cautious in his adventurous side.


No comments: