Wednesday, June 13, 2012

164: day 4..our states capitol








We said good-bye to train 14 and headed south. We stopped in Redding at the Sundial Bridge and got our token picture and smashed penny {I think I got over 20 pennies this trip}. Then it was on to Sacramento. The scenery was now brown, dead and hot! We're not on the coast any longer :(
It was 95 degrees when we pulled into Sacramento! Miserable..but it did not stop us.  We headed down to Historic Old Sacramento and walked the streets. This trip was a bit of an extension of Jayden's 4th grade school year.  We were going to many of the places he learned about and studied in California history.  I believe the greatest learning happens when you can actually visit the places you read about and see them in context!
After a very hot and lethargic walk down old town, we drove past the state capitol building. If it weren't so hot, we would have walked around, but it was stifling so we headed back to the hotel to go swimming! Picked up some Jamba Juice for dinner and called it a night!

1 comment:

jonie said...

Looks like fun. I think we have been to just about every spot on your vacation. All were fun except Redding..hehe. Definitely not a whole lot to do here. You should of stopped by but trust me ...I don't blame you. I would of left Redding real quick too (if I got to choose..haha)