Tuesday, August 6, 2013

218: sparkletts saving account

 
 It was time..I was curious to see how much we really had saved in our hugh Sparklett's bottle. The boys were eager to help {for the first 20 minutes}, then it was all on me. Yes, we could have taken it to Coinstar {which we ended up doing, when the bank told us they would have to mail our rolls away to be verified..I don't have the patience for that}. We had our battery operated coin separator and plenty of papers. The bottle was only about 1/8 full, but it took a couple hours. By the time I finished, we had $583.  I was shocked!! I was thinking, maybe $200! It was a nice little surprise and came in handy on our trip. The lesson in all this, "By small and simple things, great things shall come to pass!"

Jayden registered for Middle School today..growing up way too fast!

No comments: