Tuesday, August 13, 2013

225: horrible day with coins

I went to the bank today to cash in my coins. I had them all in, what seemed like a hefty bag, but $583 worth of coins is heavy! As I was making my way to the doors of the bank, the bag ripped and all my coins fell out, many of them breaking free from the wrappers. It was like a loose slot-machine gone wild. Coins everywhere. I managed to get them all picked up and get inside only to be told that they no longer accept rolled coins. They would have to mail them to a different office to be verified and they could fund our account in 10 business days. All that work and no instant gratification..no thanks. Plus, how would I know if they were counting correctly.  I'm a little cynical of banks lately. So I took my mangled bag and loose coins across the street to the grocery store where they had a Coinstar machine.
 I spent hours rolling these coins, only to have to unroll them to throw into the machine. A complete waste of time. Not only that, the machine charged you 9% of your total coins. So not only did I spend all that time wrapping them, and then unwrapping them, I had to pay this machine $58 to count them again! I had no other immediate options, so begrudgingly, I payed the money!

No comments: