Tuesday, April 10, 2012

100: back to reality

Back to reality! Somehow I thought it would be a great idea, after being gone 2 weeks, to put an enormous project on my very own shoulders.  Ryder's teacher is having her 50th birthday this week and I wanted to do something extra special.  Besides making her a cute banner and having all the kids make her cards and attaching them to sunflowers and getting her a gift card from the class, I decided to make her a video. I had 1 day! I spent the majority of Tuesday at the school intercepting kids when I could..at recess, lunch, and library time. I taped them saying their favorite things about Mrs. Skinner and asked them to give her a birthday message. It even worked out that the class had library time and Mrs. Skinner wouldn't be there, so I had them sing her happy birthday. I went home immediately and began editing the tape. I'm not going to lie..it turned out amazing! I even had a tear in my eye. I love it when a last minute plan comes together.

No comments: