Friday, April 20, 2012

110: so cal ragnar 2012

 And so it begins..6:30 a.m. start time! Our race from Huntington Beach to Coronado. 203.5 miles. Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat! This year we had such an interest in Ragnar that we had to create 2 teams of 12.  To make it interesting, we split it up as an all women's team and all men's team. We were the RAnGry Birds 1&2. Shown in this picture are the runners of VAN 1. The boys didn't start till 7:30 a.m. {but caught up with us by our second legs}.
 Getting ready to tear apart my first leg. 4.7 miler. Notice the sun is starting to come up..and boy did I feel it shine! 
{no worries..these are temporary tattoos}
 Meeting up with Van 2 runners at the first major exchange. We just ran 6 legs and now get a break while van 2 runs their 6 legs. Feeling terribly sorry for Van 2 as the heat index was projected to be 110 today!
 The idea is to get a little rest before we have to start running again..very hard to sleep in 95 degrees.
Started my 7 miler night run at about 9:40 p.m. It had cooled down, for which I am grateful! I ran through the Temecula golf course up to Rainbow Canyon Dr. and ran down the very dark and narrow highway. Thanks to my shot bloks, I felt great the entire run!! 2 down, 1 to go!
**I need to find pictures of Jim. I know someone in his van took a couple. He should be documented as well!

No comments: