Tuesday, April 3, 2012

93: a hike up diamond head




 A rare moment of brotherly kindness!
 Lanikai beach...my favorite!
It was an adventure day! The cousins had to go back to school so we decided to explore the other side of the island. We hit Diamond Head first! 200 feet into about a 1 1/2 mile hike, Ryder began with his drama,"my legs are out of battery!" "I'm not going to survive this..I'm going to DIE!{drag out DIE for at least 10 seconds!}" "My legs need to be charged!" It was quite comical and we were giving the other hikers quite a show. Ryder lets you know how he feels and isn't shy about it! Miraculously, a little bit further into the hike, he got his second wind and began running to catch up with his brothers. His response, "my legs got charged!" I wish I could have found the same charging station. After we summited the crater we took a scenic drive along Hawaii Kai and Makapuu. We ended up in Kailua and Lanikai..in my opinion, the best beaches in Oahu! The sand is like white powder and the ocean is so clear! It's heavenly. I knew I needed to bring some sand home for my apothecary jars and I made Skyler do my dirty work!

No comments: