Monday, April 23, 2012

113: a visit to middle school

I said I would do it and I DID!
While running on my race last Friday, I received a call from Skyler telling me that his math teacher would like to talk to me. Apparently he can't control his excessive talking in class!!{sounds a little too familiar..apple doesn't fall far from the tree.} She just wanted to make me aware that his laughing and talking were becoming very bothersome and disrespectful. Instead of yelling at him and grounding him and all the normal stuff I do, I thought I would just make a surprise visit to his class. My dad often threatened me with that same thing, but I decided I would follow through this time and try and nip it in the bud before he got worse..like I did! So I arrived in class a little early. The teacher wasn't expecting me either but welcomed my presence. Skyler was the first one in the class and all I got was a huge smile. I don't think this mortified him as much as I was hoping but he was silent the entire class so it worked..at least for today! 

No comments: