Wednesday, April 11, 2012

101: sky's renaissance project


Once again, Skyler waited till the very last minute to inform me about a huge renaissance project that was due on Thursday. I basically told him, good luck with that! Of course I said that, but ended up helping him..I always do! Actually, besides going to the store for the ingredients, Skyler pretty much did this all on his own, with my close supervision.  He made medieval herb bread and strawberry tarts. He cut the herbs, measured all the ingredients, even went next door and got freshly ground wheat from our neighbor. He kneaded the dough by hand and formed the balls. He made the tarts by first making a sugar cookie crust. Then he just mixed strawberries, sugar, and a little lemon juice in the food processor and blended. It was very time consuming, but I think everything turned out great!

No comments: