Saturday, April 7, 2012

97: for the love of paddle boarding







It was an early Saturday morning! Cindi came to do the kid switch around 6:15, after picking up her sister and husband and niece from the airport. We made the most of our last beach day! I have always wanted to try paddle boarding so today was my day. It was a lot of fun, but hard work..especially when your paddling over 200 pounds. Skyler didn't want his own..he was a little nervous, so he hitched a ride on mine. It was a bit tricky balancing our weight, but we got it! The thing with Waikiki is that the reef is so shallow. I had to stay on my knees till we got to deeper water because if I had fallen, it would have been ugly and painful! We saw sea turtles out there and I think Skyler's piercing scream scared them away. All the while, as we are frolicking in the ocean, Ryder and Jayden were in the hotel room watching movies! I wasn't going to fight it..we all got what we wanted that day! We had a gorgeous sunset..a perfect way to end an amazing trip!

No comments: